If you are interested in taking part in the COMMEND Study, just follow these three steps:
- Check the criteria. Participants should:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have been diagnosed with MND, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, primary lateral sclerosis, or progressive muscular atrophy
- Have experienced muscle cramps over the past 4 weeks
There are additional criteria that must be met to qualify as a participant.
- Take the pre-qualification screener. If you pre-qualify for the COMMEND Study, you will be referred to your nearest study center.
- Visit the study center, where the study team will:
- Discuss the study in more detail and explain what participation would mean for you.
- Talk through the potential benefits and risks of being involved in the study.
- Ask questions and carry out medical tests to determine whether you are right for the study and the study is right for you.
Prior to any procedures taking place, you must agree to and sign an Informed Consent Form. This document explains the study in detail, including potential risks and benefits, as well as your rights and responsibilities.
If you are eligible to participate, all study-related products, treatment and care will be provided without charge. If you do decide to participate, you may withdraw from the study at any time for any reason.